For young animals as part of a preventative and maintenance approach it:
• Helps to maintain their overall health and well-being
• Relieves muscular tension
• Decreases muscle fatigue and soreness
• Improves the condition of skin and coat
• Assists in flushing toxins from the body
• Encourages relaxation and decreases stress and anxiety
• Improves the intake of nutrients
• Improves breathing patterns, especially for breeds prone to breathing problems.
• Injury prevention
For senior animals as part of an effort to slow down or relieve age-related symptoms:
• Improves Circulation
• Improves Vitality
• Relieves aches and pains
• Improves muscle tone
• Relieves stiffness
• Boosts immune system
• Relieves stress and anxiety
Massage can provide many physiological and psychological health benefits as a non-invasive form of therapy. As a Certified Massage Practitioner I will work directly on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems to assist in the improvement and function of organs, tissues and the body system. This helps achieve a healthy balance within the muscles and joints.
Animal massage mirrors the same benefits as human massage, such as decreasing stress, muscular tension and improving circulation. The experience of positive touch and relaxation in massage can also have positive effects on anxious dogs.
Any animal taking part in a regular routine or activity is a great candidate for maintenance massage as it brings their muscles, joints and circulation back into balance.